Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No-slip hair bands

I admit that I found these by accident.



I was at Target looking for a really stretchy hairband - preferably one with the rubbery tread to use as a tie for the emergency clutches I gave out at the last favorite things party.  I couldn't find what I was looking for, and didn't like how the regular hairbands weren't stretchy enough for fitting around the clutch comfortably.  I almost gave up, but then spotted these new hairbands that scunchi makes.  They are really neat! Stretchier than a usual hair band, they are made out of a clear-ish rubbery material with no clasps or clamps anywhere on the band. It is grippy without being sticky, if that makes sense. Take a close look at the picture and you can imagine what they might feel like.

I was excited to try one in my hair, and I really like them!  If I put my hair up it is usually in a ponytail that is pulled through, and I have to fix the hair that is coming loose maybe once every hour or two. This one stayed in all day with no adjusting. And when you take it out it doesn't rip any hairs out and is not uncomfortable at all. They are especially great for working out since they have that extra hold you need to keep your hair in place.

If you feel like you are constantly messing with your hair bands then give these a try! I found them at Target for about $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...