Saturday, February 11, 2012

The purse necklace

Life as a mom can be unpredictable. You never know what's going to pop up when you're out and about running errands.  This is why I have a "purse necklace." Let me explain.

This necklace takes me from errand-running mom to somewhat stylish in less than 30 seconds.  Doctor's office: Necklace on.  Grocery store: necklace off.  Lunch at Panera: necklace on.  Stopping by the park: necklace off.

And really, it isn't about trying to be fashionable. I was finding there were some situations where I wanted to be taken more seriously. When I look a little more pulled-together I find sales people are more likely to acknowledge me, doctors listen better to my concerns, and the list goes on.



I found this at Target for about $12. It's not a delicate necklace so it works perfectly. It now has a permanent home in the bottom of my purse for any time I may need it. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...